Friday, February 9, 2007

What Motivates You To Buy?

by Lifestyle Guru

Marketers have been seen as the culprit because we are seen as manipulators, tricking unassuming consumers into buying products they don't need. Maybe there are some marketers doing that but the majority are only promoting different products and services. Ultimately it's the free will of the customers to decide whether this product is what they are looking for. We market solutions to peoples problems. If they do not have a problem they will by pass any ads for that product or service.

People buy for different reasons: needs, wants, status symbol, the first to try (innovators and early adopters), price, features, etc.

One weekend I went to the mall and I asked three friends why they each bought what they just purchased. The first friend paid full price for a designer piece because she saw it in an issue of VOGUE magazine and had to have it. She said "I have no financial obligations and felt like treating myself to something I really wanted." My second friend said "I only buy things that are on sale. Why pay full price on something that is just going to go out of style?" The last friend said "I like to buy the latest things whether it's a new cell phone or the new "IT" shoes".

Three different people with three different reasons on what motivates them to buy (whether they realize the reasons or not).

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: