Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My Life: Volunteering and Fundraising


Sorry about the lack of posts, I was experiencing some technical difficulties and wasn't able to post anything.

So, what have I been up to. Let see for Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, I made time to volunteer at a senior center and in the evening I attended a speaker on African-American Artists from past to present at the museum.

A wonderful way that we can embrace Dr. King's philosophy is to celebrate our differences and know that we can learn something from each other. Our life experiences are what makes us unique. The world would be so boring if we all were the same. Maybe it's hokey to feel that way but maybe one day it will happen.

As for what going on with PR, lately I have been focusing on more causes and charitable organizations trying to help raise money for worthy causes. For anyone looking to enter PR, fundraising for museums is a great entry level way to get experience.


Protected by Copyscape DMCA Plagiarism Check

No comments: