Wednesday, August 6, 2008

What I'm Reading Now: Pick Me Up


I started reading "Pick Me Up" by Zoe Rice yesterday after work and it's a smart and delightful read. It's also funny and a fast paced. What's so cute and unique is that each chapter starts with a pick up line (Chapter 2: Is it hot in here or is it just you?). This is a great summer read.

Although I've only just started this book I find the main character Isabel "Izzy" Duncan to be to likable and real instead of cliche and cookie cutter. The other characters are just as well written.

About "Pick Me Up":

Yesterday? My life was perfect.
I was a full-fledged New York gallerista, gossiping all day about my favorite subject-art-while selling hundred-thousand-dollar paintings I would have died to own. The only thing better than my job at the Emerson Bond Gallery? The whopping promotion I was just about to get...

Today? Emerson Bond dropped dead.
Now we may all be out of a job: my fabulous boss Freddie (love him!). Our absolutely adorable receptionist Kimmy (love her!). And devoted, well-meaning me (love me!).

Tomorrow? I can't even think about it...
...because I've definitely gotten off on the wrong foot with the insufferable star artist who's responsible for my professional future. And then there's the new blood at the Bond Gallery: Avery Devon, the man so gorgeous I can't even speak to him. The man now in charge of my whole life. The man who, if I'm really, really lucky, will teach me all about the art of love-and not just in my dreams...

No comments: