1. Warrior 1
Strengthens: Legs, Glutes, Core; Stretches Back
* Stand with feet 3 to 4 feet apart.
* Turn left foot out 90 degrees, pointing to left side, and pivot right foot toward left.
* Bend left knee 90 degrees, knee aligned with ankle; turn hips to face over left thigh.
* Place hands on hips (easier) or raise both arms overhead, palms facing each other (more challenging).
* Hold for 7 to 10 breaths. Go directly to Tuck and Extend.
2. Tuck and Extend
Strengthens: Arms, Chest, Glutes; Stretches Hips
* From Warrior 1, sweep arms down to touch floor on either side of left foot.
* Step both feet back behind you.
* Inhale, then exhale as you lift right foot off the floor and sweep knee under body (not shown).
* Straighten right leg behind you, lifting it as high as you can, then bring knee back toward nose.
* To make it easier, bring right knee to floor before straightening leg.
* Do 7 to 10 reps; go directly to Slow Kick.
3. Slow Kick
Strengthens: Glutes, Chest, Shoulders; Stretches Hamstrings
* Lower right foot and walk hands back, rolling up to standing position.
* Lift right leg, knee bent 90 degrees; bend elbows 45 degrees, palms down (not shown).
* Slowly kick forward with right foot, leading with the heel; at the same time, slowly push palms forward.
* Lower and repeat.
* Do 7 to 10 reps.
* To make it easier, keep standing leg slightly bent and hands on hips.
* Repeat entire series on opposite leg.