I'm sure there are a few out there who are still at this moment trying to figure out what to get for someone but you don't want to buy the same thing as everyone else, you want something original. Then why not do it yourself and create personalized gifts.
* For your mom who loves to garden: in a planter pot put green tissue paper in the bottom and add new garden gloves, seeds to her favorite flowers, hands tools, etc.
* For the DIY dad: go to your local home repair store and purchase an empty paint can, a few tools, gloves and a easy DIY book. Put the tools and gloves in the can. Place the can and the book in a gift bag.
* For your friend who love manicures: add 4-5 different shades of nail polish, a base and top coat, nail files, small bottle of nail polish remover, cotton balls, cuticle oil or cream, etc. in a clear plastic cosmetic bag. She will have everything she needs for a home manicure.
* For your mom or sister: create coupons that can be redeemed to meet up for a professional manicure, to go shopping, a day at the museum, etc. If you want you can attach something to the coupons such as a fun bracelet to the shopping coupon, a bottle of nail polish to the manicure coupon.
* For your best friend who loves "Breakfast at Tiffany's": two Champagne glasses, a bottle of Champagne or sparkling wine, a sparkly tiara, a sleep mask, the DVD of the movie if she doesn't already own it, the book, etc.
* For your friend or sister's who's a new mom: in a tote bag add a coupon for babysitting, book: Fit Mama: A Real-Life Fitness Guide for the New Mom, MomSpa: 75 Relaxing Ways to Pamper a Mother's Mind, Body and Soul or similar books.
* For a little girl: tie together a few children books, a plush animal something cute like a bunny for a cute gift.
The point is to come up with gifts that are unique and original that come the heart and shows the gift giver you were thinking about them. Just be creative and have fun with it.