Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Britney Spears: A Publicist's Dream or Nightmare?

By Lifestyle Guru
(photo credit: rtl.nl)

Everytime you hear about Britney Spears, attached to her name is the latest "gossip". She's been in the news non-stop ever since her quickie marriage and divorce in Las Vegas, her dating, marrying and now divorcing Kevin Federline, her average record sales for her In The Zone album, the pictures of her driving with her child not in a car sit, befriending Paris Hilton, etc.

There is a long list of things that Ms. Spears has been doing lately that doesn't seem to help her image. I also noticed that her publicist has been working non-stop trying to address each incident and try to put her in a better light.

For some in Entertainment PR they would see Britney as a challenge and would love the opportunity to try to change or improve her image with the public. While, I am sure the others would not want to represent her because she might be seen as a train wreck.
Would I represent her? I don't know, she obviously needs an image overhaul. I think it would be a challenge but I would do it. I know one thing I would suggest (as well as other publicist would agree) that she needs to be seen out in public with her children showing that she is a responsible and caring young mother. Yesterday there was a clip of her on ET last night, she was at dance rehearsal and had Sean Preston in her arms as she watched her dancers perform. At least that's a start.

For any PR professor reading, I think Britney Spears would make a terrific case study, because you can point out her problems and then come up with workable solutions that could "fix" them.


Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

No comments: