Wednesday, August 10, 2011
Women Safety Tips: P.M. Exercise Safety
For some women, the best time to workout is during the evening. With longer days, evening workouts can be more convenient but they also come with more safety issues. Below are seven Women Safety Tips for Exercising at Night:
1. Don't Go Alone. If you love to run at night try to go with a group. You are least likely to be attacked, if you are with a large group.
2. Ask for Assistance. At the gym, don't be afraid to ask if security can walk you out to your car in the parking lot.
3. Avoid Secluded Areas. When riding your bike, running or walking the dog: try to stay on the most populated road, streets or routes.
4. Carry Your Cellphone. You never know when you might need help.
5. Trust Your Instincts. If you have a funny feeling about something or someone trust your gut and move on to a safer place.
6. Focus on Your Environment. Don't listen to music when you are exercising outdoors at night, you want to be alert and notice what's happening around you.
7. Let Someone Know Where You're Going. Before you go out the door call or text someone to tell them that you're going to workout.
I hope these tips will help keep you save while exercise at night.