Style and Focus Lifestyle PR
New Year, New You that's the motto that's out this time of year. Where everyone is so excited and motivated to make changes in their lives. You can't change the channel, surf the net or read a magazine without being bombarded with ads, interviews or tips to help us lose weight and get in shape, stop smoking, get organized, advice for saving money, etc. We start out strong but unfortunately by March or April most of us has lost any motivation to continue. What can we do to stay motivated? Style and Focus Lifestyle PR have 5 simple but effective tips to help you stick to your resolutions:
1. Have Patience. It's going to take time, you didn't gain weight or become disorganized over night. So don't expect to instantly become slim and organized (no matter what the infomercials say).
2. Set Goals. Whether they are short or long term goals, they will help you keep track and measure your progress. For some goals it's going to take hard work and determination to succeed.
3. Have a Positive Attitude. If you think positively about the changes you're making then it's going to make it a lot easier to accomplish your goals. As well as surround yourself with positive people who encourage instead of discourage you, which also makes big difference.
4. Don't Deal in Absolutes. It doesn't have to be all or nothing. So, there is no need to over do it. So what if you weren't able to workout today, there's always the next day.
5. Have Fun. Who says you have to take New Year's resolutions so seriously. Squeeze in a little time for fun such as watching a funny movie, hanging out with friends or going out dancing. By making time for yourself that's not focused on your resolutions, will help recharge you and keep you motivated.
The main thing is keep at it and know that you are making healthy changes to your life.