It's easier to stay motivated to exercise during the summer. The challenge comes during the winter with the weather and coupled with all the delicious food for the upcoming holidays and from the many holiday parties you will attend.
Some experts suggest doing a little bit of exercise daily to stay motivated and to strengthen your exercise habit during the cold months. When it cold is so tempting to just sit on the sofa and just watch TV the last thing you want to do is to get stuck in that routine. Not interesting in going to the gym, don't let the cold keep you indoors here are few outdoor exercises to get you in shape and having a little fun. Just don't forget your sunscreen.
- Racking leaves/Shoveling Snow: Yeah it might not be the most fun thing to do but it's a great upper body exercise. If you have a lot of leaves why not turn it into a leaf racking party make sure to supply the warm drinks.
- Football: Call up your friends and meet at the park for a weekend game.
- Ice Skating/Hockey
- Horseback riding
- A snowman building contest: it can be as crazy and wacky as you like.
- Take the dog for a walk: Bust them out of their winter rut with snowy walk.
- A snowball fight: a fun way to sneek in some exercise with family and friends. Follow it up with a mug of hot chocolate.